Topics | Post My Comments
Where Can I Get Extra Wide Hospital Beds - Full, Queen or King Sizes?
- I am trying to find a full size or queen size hospital bed for my wife
and my self. Most of the hospital beds on the market are pretty narrow. How
can I find an extra wide model?
- Based on the width, hospital beds are usually categorized as
regular or bariatric,
but not Twin, Full, Queen or King sizes. This may be the industrial
standard for hospital bed for long term care or home care. It is different from regular
home style beds in this regards.
hospital beds all have the same width of about 36" for the
sleeping surface similar to Twin size (but not called this way).
- If you want a
model with wider surface than this, you will need to consider a
model that can be 42", 48", 54" similar to Full size or 60" similar
to Queen size with weight capacities of 600 lbs, 750 lbs, 800 lbs or up
to 1000 lbs.
- There may not be a hospital bed with similar size to King size that
is 72" width available on the market. Two of the 36" regular model put
side by side will add up to a "King size". Some one who need King size
hospital bed handle the situation this way.
- I am not so heavy (just 180 lbs). Can I have just the wider width not
the higher weight capacity?
- No. A regular size hospital bed is designed for a single person
with regular body weight. A wider bed provides the space for more than
one person to sleep on. The is usually prohibited and may compromised
the functionality of the bed to make wider bed with single bed weight
capacity. Therefore, with wider space provided, a
hospital bed must hold higher weight load that makes it a
- Then what options do I have for regular hospital bed?
- You have many options for hospital beds.
- You can have a Homecare
Bed or a Home care hospital bed that is usually used in a
homecare environment, or
Term Care Hospital Bed that can be used in home or long term
care (nursing home, assisted living, daycare, etc.) environments.
The two of them are different in designs and durability.
- You can have a manual, semi-electric or full-electric model.
- You can have different lengths - 76", 80" or 84".
- You can also have
luxury adjustable bed that is more like regular home style
rather than hospital bed. For this category, you can select Twin,
Full, Queen or King sizes with more luxury mattresses. But most of
such models can not adjust bed height.
|16,627 views | Rating (8 votes)|