|According to the National Institute on Aging, safety and comfort are the two essentials in Alzheimre's Disease patient care. To ensure safety, facilities and caregivers are required to:
Our low beds can be lowered to a very low heights to maximize safety for patients with Alzheimer's and other diseases.
In addtion to low hospital bed, the following accessories are also commonly used for safety and ease of care:
- Provide a safe and structured environment.
- Provide consistent staff to attend the patient.
- Place the patient in a room that allows easy and careful observation.
- Place bed in low position.
- By no means leave anything at the bedside that might harm the patient.
- Elopement precautions: Place the patient in a room where he has to pass the nursing station in order to reach an exit. Have a photo of the patient on file.
- Patient Alarms are tools for caregivers to monitor patients and ensure safety by reducing risk of falling together with side rail pad.
- Alzheimer patient floor mat is to minimize the chance for patient who falls to be injured.
- Low bed overbed table makes the care giving and daily living much easier.